PPVA48 Lawn Tractor | 48" Cutting Deck
Part Number 960420198
For large yards, it's time to move up to larger deck sizes. This model is one of our largest and most powerful riding mowers. It has a 48" deck, and is equipped with a powerful Briggs & Stratton® twin cylinder 22 HP engine with ReadyStart® auto-choke starting system that powers up easily, with no choke or priming necessary. The pedal-operated Fast CVT automatic transmission means there's no need to clutch or stop to change speed or direction. Capable of reaching top speeds of 8 mph, it operates a lot like an automobile – just push the pedal and go.
The reinforced steel deck and cast iron front axle provide exceptional durability, stability, and long life, and the mow-in-reverse feature keeps blades engaged for continuous mowing while shifting between forward and reverse directions. With a spring-assisted deck lift with six cutting height positions, and a super-tight 6" turning radius that's perfect for maneuvering around challenging terrain and obstacles like trees, shrubs, and flower beds, this riding mower is ideal for large yards with flat, hilly, or uneven terrain. Anti-scalp deck wheels and nose roller reduce the risk of scalping your lawn when mowing uneven terrain, and large 20" rear tires with Turf Saver tread won't harm your lawn, and provide excellent traction and a comfortable ride.
The mower is packed with all sorts of other features like a maintenance and service reminder, headlights, soft-touch steering wheel, comfortable high-back seat, and built-in cup holder.
- Briggs & Stratton® V-Twin Engine with ReadyStart® auto-choke starting system - powers up easily, with no choke or priming necessary
- Pedal Operated Fast Automatic Transmission - no need to clutch or stop to change speed or direction - with 10 Year Belt Warranty
- Ignition ROS (Mow-in-Reverse) keeps blades engaged for continuous mowing while shifting in and out of reverse
- Reinforced Steel Cutting Deck with 10 Year Limited Warranty
- Spring Assisted Deck Lift
- Electric Blade Engagement - Easy-to-reach, simple-to-use, instant on/off button engages cutting blades on demand
- Step-Through Chassis for easier mounting and dismounting
- Maintenance Reminder - Runtime meter tracks hours of use and reminds you when service or maintenance is due
- Comfort Steering Wheel - Comfortable, ergonomic design offers better grip and reduces fatigue
- Cylinder Displacement: 724 cm³
- Fuel Tank Volume (w/Reserve): 2.5 gal (US)
- Drive Method: Pedal-Operated Automatic
- Speed (Max): Forward 8.3 mph / Reverse 1.6 mph
- Stamped, Vented Cutting Deck
- Cutting Methods: Collect / Mulch / Side Discharge
- Cutting Height (Approx): Max 4 in / Min 1.5 in
- Tire Size: Front 15 in / Rear 20 in